Friday, September 26, 2008

She's getting back to her old self!

Laura's blood count was dropping so they decided to give her a blood transfusion. The microbiologists found a bug in her system so started her on an antibiotic. Both of those were started last night and today she is in bloody great form. She's kicking, pulling hair, throwing things on the floor and trying to take the nurses pen while she's writing up her obs!! Mr O'Brien wanted a review of her meds, so at the moment she is being weaned off Tegretol. I cannot explain how much of a difference there is in her since yesterday. She even took some porridge orally today. Fingers crossed we can get her back to oral feeding over the weekend. I did notice a slight tremor in her left hand and foot but when I put my hand on it it stops. The paediatrician will keep an eye on it. Apparently is nothing to worry about. So keep your fingers crossed she keeps improving as we miss her at home. Emma keeps telling me she has a wish and when I ask her what it is she says her wish is for Laura to hurry up and get better so Mr O'Brien will let her home!!

No comments: